Thursday, May 26, 2011

In Memory...

Hello. Unfortunately this blog isn't going to be much of a fun read, but more sad. I'm just going to apologize in advance. This blog is in memory of my father, Jim. He passed away May 14, 2011 and the passing was very sudden. I didn't get along with him most of my youth years, but nonetheless he was still my father. To be completely honest with you, I never knew I could miss him so much. Life is much different without him in it, and it definitely makes me sad. He was only 54 years old and should have stayed around for many years to come. My birthday was May 22 and I turned 21. It's the first birthday my dad hasn't been a part of, and I only wish he could've shared that day with me. His funeral was May 19, and for his service, in his honor, I did a mani of his favorite color, red. 


I started with two coats of China Glaze White on White, as usual. Then two coats of China Glaze Salsa. One coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust. And finally, one coat of SV. I did the mani over a week ago, but I haven't taken it off yet. Everytime I look at my hands, I think of my dad, who is no longer with us. So here it is...


Salsa

I had never done a red mani before this one. I do like the look of it, it's very bold, and best of all, it was for my daddy.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment